First of all, it is noteworthy that the natural stone represents one of the most ancient materials differing by the outstanding strength tested by centuries. This is a long-living construction material of several types , with which the premises have been previously decorated. From the earliest times such types as marble, granite, onyx, quartzite, etc. were used. However, this is not cheap therefore for the interior decoration this material was not quite popular at those times.
But with the appearance of an artificial stone the situation changed dramatically, as the artificial stone is quite affordable and has many forms, even the most extraordinary. The diversity of textures will really impress you. One more great advantage is that the artificial stone is much lighter than the natural and is easier to fix. What can be decorated with this stone in the bathroom interior? Almost everything you wish – walls, floor, doors, mirror area or sink area – everything within your imagination
Let us first of all consider the rules of using the decorative stone
In order for the laying to be successful, certain rules of work with the stone should be followed. Let us get acquainted with them:
- t is necessary to add colors – even if the stone is light, it still will “grab” the light, reducing the illumination, due to which some additional light resources will be necessary;
if you use the dark stone, it is recommended to alternate it with the light wallpapers or with the plasterwork;
- in the narrow premises the use of stone is not recommended at all, as it is already not enough light there, and the stone may only add to the darkness;
- it is necessary to be careful with the decorative stone application, the overuse is unacceptable if you don’t want to turn your house into the cave;
- Sometimes the rough stone looks very efficient and stylish at the first glance, however, do not be afraid to use the original decorative material, and not only in the bathrooms but even in such tender premises as the girls’ bedroom – this will give some special spirit to the interior;
- Use the living plants in the interior, which harmonize well with the stone like in the living nature, for instance, in the vintage bathroom the stone in combination with the lush greenery will be just magnificent
Bathroom with decorative stone finishing
It is quite simple – the decorative stone has the water-repelling properties, and this is a huge advantage for the bathrooms. And of course, the esthetic properties of the stone are of no small importance. Especially, when the premises are spacious, beautiful original solutions may be created based on the change of color and texture. But even if you are not the owner of the palace but have a standard bathroom with the area of 2 – 4 sq. m., still you may successfully use the decorative stone in the interior if you approach the designer project elaboration thoroughly and rationally. By the way, it is noteworthy that it is not desirable to coat the bathroom completely with the decorative stone, otherwise, you will make it even smaller.
But if you take some small area, for instance, the mirror area, sink area, interior walls of the bathtub,
A mixture of different styles is also acceptable. As the stone has the hydro-isolation properties its presence is preferable in the bathrooms. As to the coating of the bathroom walls with the decorative stone, parts of this material are fixed to each other joint-free, thus forming the even surfaces, without any gaps, as if they were cut out of the integral piece of marble or granite. Such walls perfectly keep the shelves fixed to them, mirrors and towel rails, as the artificial stone is a very strong and reliable material, able to survive any loading.
The tile made of artificial stone is also used as flooring, however, the technology is slightly different as compared to the walls. The ceramic granite is used for the flooring as it is even stronger and more reliable. It also possesses the water-proof peculiarities and may be easily washed using any cleaning substances. The assortment is quite big, the only thing is that it has a smaller diversity of colors than the materials for the walls coating.
The bathroom premises, coated with the decorative stone, look just wonderful, really luxurious. The presence of the stone underlines the respectability and allows feeling unique and even exclusive, because the house may say a lot about its host, or, to be more exact, – almost everything.