Surely, you still remember the times when a flower vase, presented to the hostess, used to be the object of friendly envy of all friends and neighbors. This object was given a special place in the apartment, it was admired and adored. Times have changed; attitude to things became absolutely different. It is already difficult to surprise in the store, you can purchase any, even the most fantastic thing. However, accessories made with your own hands, are still valued by those who like originality in everything. Today we will tell you how to make your own decorative vase for flowers.
You need to prepare the following materials for work:
- 1. an unnecessary glass bottle of irregular shape;
- 2. multipurpose glue;
- 3. a jute cord of natural color;
- 4. colored synthetic cord (two or three kinds);
- 5. a glue gun.
1. Take an empty glass bottle. Any container will be good to implement the idea; however, it is best to choose a container with unusual form, which has a stable bottom. The bottle should be thoroughly cleaned and well dried; the glass can be degreased with alcohol, if necessary. There is no need to completely remove the labels as paper labels provide the extra linkage of materials.
2. You should begin decorating the vase with the cord of natural color. Smear the end of the prepared rope with glue and fix it at the edge of the bottle neck. Let us get to attach a cord. To fix the decorative material you can use one of two methods:
• apply the glue onto the rope, and then paste it to the bottle;
• First, smear the surface of the bottle, and then wind the cord.
3. Continue wrapping the container with the cord. After processing a certain part of the vase, you should cut off the rope, and continue decorating with the material of a different color. The number of stripes and color correlation will depend on the basic idea and your color preferences.
4. When the work is finished, you need to cut the cord and carefully fix it.
That is almost all. The flower vase is ready.
If desired, the product surface can be decorated with any accessories (ribbons, lace or original buttons).