What is fusion, its peculiarities
There are many styles in the architecture and interior design, allowing for optimal realization of the ideas of outrageous personality which will underline his/her unique character, delicate and extraordinary taste. Fusion is one of such styles. The word “fusion” (confluence), very accurately expresses the essence of the style. It does not have any special elements, it may unify different cultures, diametrically opposed styles, forms, notions, but without violation of the environmental harmony. The idea of the style is striving from chaos to the creation.
The history of fusion
The history of fusion is not known well. No one knows for sure where and how it appeared, despite the fact that the period of the fusion existence is quite short. Someone believe that fusion originates from the Philippines where it appeared in 80-s, the others think that it came from the USA, where in 90-s American designers started combining the non-combinable in the apartment’s interiors, and then in the architecture. But this is not as important. The main thing is that the sphere of its activity grows and expands.
Fusion caught fancy the people who do not accept the stereotypes of the world around, who love experimenting in everything and everywhere, but at the same time do not reject the harmony of the world. The most popular sphere for realizing the exclusive fusion ideas is the apartment or some separate premise of the apartment, more rarely – household plots. Popular objects for the fusion style are the bedrooms, sitting rooms, and kitchens.
What elements of fusion you should take into account and what are the specialists’ recommendations
- In order for your apartment to look like a real fusion apartment, and not like some strange premises, in order to have a chance to show off in front of your friends, coworkers with your unique apartment, and at the same time with your fantasy, you should know the following:
- Before starting your works, first of all, think well of what you want to achieve
- The harmony should be in everything, the presence of harmony is unconditional for the fusion
- Fusion predetermines the unlimited flight of fantasy, but still, no one will be able to help you better in arranging your fusion interior than the specialist. The involvement of the specialist will allow excluding the risk of the space harmony violation;
- Use contrasting in appearance, properties, color materials, things, plant
- It is compulsory to follow the harmonious color gamma. The presence of white is compulsory, especially its domination over the other colors. The color gamma should not evoke the feeling of frustration, disturbance. The atmosphere should correspond to the purpose of the premises;
- The arrangement of your apartment using the fusion style, may be quite expensive, but the arrangement of any separate premises in this style may be quite affordable;
1. Fusion bedroom
The bedroom design needs some special approach in the arrangement of fusion style. The use of contrast colors, at the same time the presence of white, creates the relaxing atmosphere, which should be typical of the bedroom.
The perfect complement to the color gamma would be the fireplace, and it doesn’t matter whether this is the wood or electric fireplace, its presence always creates the tranquility in the environment.
White color in the bedroom is represented only by the bedclothes. The walls, the floor should be in contrast colors, but their color gamma should not be aggressive. The presence of any avant-garde item in the room, especially the picture or carpet imitating the skin of any animal will be quite an appropriate complement of the above elements.
2. Fusion sitting room
The best place for demonstration of the uniqueness of the whole apartment and delicacy of your perception of the world around to your friends and acquaintances. The interior is characterized by the multi-layered surfaces. The exposed surfaces may be on the floor, walls, ceiling. They not only give a special, unique appearance to the premises, but also help to hide certain defects of your room, inherited from the previous owners or other ancient styles.
It is trendy to arrange the walls absolutely opposite by appearance and peculiarities, gypsum board and cut stone, wallpapers, panels and the facing tiles. If the situation allows, it is possible to involve the flora representatives from different countries and continents of the planet at the entrance and exit. Exotic plants, in combination with local flora, give special coloring to the surrounding space.
3. Fusion study
Here you may use the same elements of the fusion: contrast colors, an arrangement of walls different by appearance, material properties, except the stone. But the atmosphere here should still be somewhat ascetic. Nothing should distract you from work. Only the most necessary stuff. The elements of antiquity would also be appropriate. With regard to the limited space (usually the small room is used for the study) the multi-layered surfaces will be inappropriate.
Quite often the fusion apartments combine the present, past and future. The past is represented by different antique stuff or some semi-antique items: furniture, lamps, dishes, statuettes, etc. Besides, it is important that these items belong to different peoples and cultures. This way the unity of epochs is created.
The future is usually represented by different extraordinary items, for instance, lamps.
Some uncommonly painted pictures, constructions, figurines are also the elements of the future.
A natural interest in the culture of different people of the planet is reflected in the fusion style. The unity with other people and cultures is reflected in the presence of elements, items, artistic works or created by contemporaries imitating the techniques of these people.
Having decided to use the fusion in your apartment, surely, you will achieve an extraordinary and comfortable place where you will be able to have a break from everyday routine in complete harmony with the world around.