In any house living room is a special room, which every owner wants to make the nicest, elegant, and, of course, comfortable both for family leisure time after hard working day and for parties in the bosom of the family.
First of all, it should be noted, that well-chosen lighting equipment is able to transform even the most unpresentable room, at the same time poor chandelier can substantially spoil the overall picture and even look absurd against the background of the interior components surrounding it.
Interior Style and Chandelier
Obviously, there’s a deal of truth in this approach, however, it should be remembered, that lighting equipment, whether a chandelier, wall lamp, or standing lamp, shall blend with the interior style. Precisely this important detail will become a recipe for a successful decoration of the room.
That is why, first, you should decide on the style, and then go shopping. It is better to know basic distinctive characteristics of every style to choose the ceiling lamp, which will be blended with your living room.
- Crystal pendants on a metal chandelier with one or several light bulbs will ideally complement the classical style of living room. Whereas in the village style room they will look absurdly or even needless and ridiculous.
- If there is a fireplace in living room, forged chandelier with candles imitation will become an excellent complement thereto. It is not obligatory to choose curious design ceiling lamps with curves and patterns; you just have to choose proper chandelier color to match the fireplace.
- Chandeliers with an imitation of candelabra will fit the Gothic style in the best way possible. Such lamps will perfectly emphasize mystical atmosphere. You can also use crystal pendants chandeliers, however, in this case, it is necessary to finish the ceiling in living room in a proper manner in order to make chandelier an original contrast.
- Chandeliers in the form of geometric figures will be ideal for Art Nouveau or Hi-tech. Moreover, decorating this chandelier, one can use various materials, from metal to glass and plastic.
- Fusion style chandelier, for example, with lots and lots of small butterflies or in form of leaves of some tender flower will blend with the living room, designed in eclectic style.
- Country style or as it is often called village style supposes the presence of chandelier made of natural materials or their imitation.
- These can be stag horns, where bulb lights got stuck, or suchlike burning bushes on the ceiling. Chandelier with lamp shades will fit this interior.
- If you chose the Provence style for your living room with original pieces of furniture with luxury textile upholstery and tender flower prints peculiar thereto, so, in this case, you would better pay attention to chandelier with flower and glass details, which would ideally complete the color
Size of the Chandelier
When choosing chandelier both design and size are very important. Original but small lighting unit on the ceiling will be ridiculous in a big room, and a big spectacular candelabrum in the tiny living hall will encumber it and look absurdly. Therefore, we can make a reasonable conclusion: small chandelier shall be chosen for a small room and a big one for the spacious living room.
What precise diameter the chandelier shall have, which will be suitable for your living room, you can find out by means of simple mathematical calculations. For this purpose, you have the sum of length and width of the room multiply by 10 and you will obtain a value optimal for diameter. For example, we have 4×5 room, it turns out, that chandelier shall be approximately 90 cm in diameter.
It should be noted, that when choosing the chandelier for a living room you shall take into consideration ceiling lamp height. Thus, for example, in the ordinary apartment with standard ceiling height as two and a half meters it is better to choose ceiling-mounted models or suspended lamps with a few levels of pendants. If the ceiling height is more or equal to three meters, here we have more space for a flight of imagination.
One more quite significant instant is a number of bulbs. Taking into consideration, that living room is the most official room of the house, well, then chandelier shall be with the number of bulbs maximum possible for the chosen diameter.
Speaking of lighting in the living room in general, we hardly need to mention, that it is better to have several sources of light in this room. They will allow, if necessary, creating both free and easy and even holiday atmosphere.