You shouldn’t underestimate the role of a tap in your house. Apart from functional purpose, a tap may successfully underline general style of the kitchen or completely ruin it.
Ball-type mixer taps
Ball-type mixer taps have just one handle, which, depending upon turning right or left adjusts the temperature of the water supplied. Turning up or down determines the flow pressure or cuts off the water supply.
Valve water mixers
Valve taps are horribly familiar and very popular. Are equipped with two valves, which adjust the temperature and water supply pressure.
Water mixers thermostats are the youngest type of taps where the water supply and temperature are automatically adjusted.
Designer mixer taps
There are also many designer taps.
- The ball-type mixer taps are capable of economizing the water because they do not need any additional time for adjusting the necessary flow temperature, however, if the water with salts or heavy materials is used, such valve will break soon, and the whole ball-type mechanism will have to be replaced.
- Valve water mixers are the cheapest but to achieve necessary temperature and flow you will have to pour some water, therefore, they are uneconomic.
- Mixers-thermostats have many advantages, including the attractive appearance, but their cost is high.
Form of outflow and tap length
There are two basic forms – cascade and traditional.
Choosing the length of tap, all specialists recommend orienting towards different buyer’s preferences and compliance of the selected water mixer with the room design. According to their length and type, mixers may be subdivided into:
- long, more than 30 cm;
- medium – from 20 to 25 cm;
Top 10 most original mixers
The sensor tap:
Drivers tap design:
Tap with remote control:
Original control panel:
Touching flow pressure adjustment:
Shows water temperature:
Tap color depends on water temperature:
Water color depends on temperature:
Tap with sensor control panel:
Tap shows the amount of water used:
Diversities according to the fixing type
According to the fixing type the mixers differ by their place of installation:
- for a bathtub;
- for a shower;
- for a sink;
- for a corner kitchen sink;
- for a bidet.
Taps for the bathtub and sink may be installed in two manners – on the wall or directly on the item – bathtub or sink. Most popular are mixers on the walls. The shower mixers presuppose the installation on the wall only. In such models there is no outflow, there are only adjustable handles for water supply and fixture for the shower. The bidet water mixers are usually fixed on the item ledge. A designer variant may be of any type up to the inbuilt and even hanging ones.